Seiten

Montag, 25. August 2014

The Näh-Connection Blog Hop

Dirndl and Staple Dress

Louise from Thread Carefully invited me to take part in a blog hop. Do you remember her? She was my partner in the Spring Sewing Swap and she is this amazing talented dress making woman who sews like crazy ;) Thanks Louise for inviting me. I'm really happy that you chose me and my little blog.

Louise vom Blog Thread Carefully hat mich eingeladen an einer kleinen blogtour teilzunehmen. Könnt ihr euch noch an sie erinnern? Sie war mein Partner beim Spring Sewing Swap. Sie näht wahnsinnig tolle Kleider für sich und ihre Tochter! Danke, Louise, dass du mich eingeladen hast. Ich freu mich sehr, dass du dich für mich und meinen kleinen Blog entschieden hast.

As far as I understand the blog hop has been "out and about" around the UK blogland during the last weeks/months and today will take a short stop in Germany. (Read till the end to see where I send it to). It's all about getting to know the people behind the different blogs better which you might know from my Sew fantastic blogs series, is something that I love. Bloggers in this Blog Hop are asked to answer four questions and in the end to nominate the next two bloggers. So today I'll tell you a little bit more about me and my blog. Let's start, shall we?

Soweit ich weiß war diese Blogtour bisher hauptsächlich bei UK-Bloggern unterwegs. Heute stoppt sie nun bei mir in Deutschland (lest bis zum Ende umzu sehen wen ich ausgewählt habe). Generell geht's darum die Blogger besser kennenzulernen was wir ihr wisst (s. Sew fantastic Blogs) ganz nach meinem Geschmack ist. Jeder Blogger muss vier Fragen beantworten und dann zwei neue Blogger nominieren. Also, dann erzähl ich mal von mir...

Secret Squirrel outfit

* Why do I write?
Well, it pretty much all started with Project Run and Play. Approximately 3 years ago, I stumbled across Me Sew Crazy. At this time Jessica, who writes the blog, competed in Project Run and Play and so I got to know this incredibly cool sewing competition. I just couldn't believe that "normal" people would sew such amazing clothes for their children, take such beautiful pics that were like from a fashion catalogue, write about it etc. I was hooked and still am. I started to follow more and more kids sewing blogs and was always looking forward to the next season of Project Run and Play. I started to sew just a few months after stumbling across these blogs and at some time also made myself a flickr account so that I was able to take part in the Project Run and Play sewalong. However, this just didn't feel "right". I was commenting on several blogs, but felt that without a blog of my own, I wasn't able to really be part of this amazing sewing community. So, I started to think about writing my own blog, but for quite some time wasn't sure that I would be able to actually have blog-worthy material. I didn't know how to take nice pics and my sewing was (and still is) far from perfect. Then, however, I realized that there was something that I could offer that I hadn't really seen so far on other blogs (see 3rd question) and thus, decided to write my first blog post. It's now almost a year since that first blog post and the answer to why I write is pretty much "because I love it!". I'm not a person for a diary, but this blogging thing really is so fun. I love to be able to get in contact to people from all-over the world, to be inspired in so many different ways and to show what I make. Plus, that little "pressure" to show something on the blog, increased my sewing productivity immensly, which made my sewing abilites much better and therefore let me sew faster and more advanced things,... I've always been a "learner". When my last exam of my time at high school was over I even was really down afterwards. Not because I wasn't happy to be done, but I always have this inner need to learn something new, to develop, to get better and a time where I can't learn something new is almost meaningless to me. This whole sewing and blogging thing is the perfect way for me to learn and to expand my abilites while at the same time be able to be at home (at least when I'm not at work) and close to my kids.

* Warum schreibe ich?
Hmm, los ging's eigentlich mit Project Run and Play. Ungefähr vor drei Jahren bin ich über dne Blog Me Sew Crazy gestolpert. Zu dieser Zeit hat Jessica gerade an Project Run and Play teilgenommen und so lernte ich diesen tolle Näh-Wettbewerb kennen. Ich konnte kaum glauben, dass "normale" Frauen solch tolle Kleider für ihre Zwerge nähen, dann noch Fotos wie aus dem Modekatalog machen und darüber schreiben. Ich war (und bin noch) total begeistert. Ich hab immer mehr Kindernäh-Blogs verfolgt und auch immer der nächsten Staffel von Project Run and Play entgegengefiebert. Nach ein paar Monaten hab ich mit dem Nähen begonnen und irgendwann auch einen Flickraccount aufgemacht, damit ich beim Project Run and Play sewalong mitmachen konnte. Aber irgendwie hat sich das noch nicht richtig angefühlt. Ich hab zwar immer fleißig auf anderen Blogs kommentiert, hatte aber irgendwann das Gefühl, dass ich um wirklich dabei zu sein auch selbst bloggen sollte. Aber ob ich so tolle Sachen machen und fotografieren könnte, dass sie für einen Blog reichen? Irgendwann hatte ich dann einen Geistesblitz. Es gab etwas, das ich machen konnte, das ich sonst noch nirgendwo gesehen hatte (s. 3. Frage) und so schrieb ich meinen ersten Blogpost. Seitdem ist nun fast ein Jahr vergangen und die Antwort auf die Fragen lautet nun einfach "weil's mir Mörderspaß macht!". Ich hab nie ein normales Tagebuch geführt, aber bloggen macht Laune. Ich find's so toll mit Leuten aus unterschiedlichen Ländern in Kontakt zu kommen, mich inspirieren zu lassen und zu zeigen was ich mache. Außerdem tut etwas Druck meiner Produktivtät wahnsinnig gut. Ich näh inzwischen viel schneller und auch schwierigere Sachen. Ich war immer schon jemand der lernen muss. Nach dem Abi fiel ich damals richtig in ein Loch. Ohne was zu lernen fehlt für mich ehrlich gesagt der Kick. Nähen und Bloggen ist deshalb super spannend für mich. Ich kann neues lernen und doch (mal vom arbeiten abgesehen) zu Hause bei meinen Zwergen sein.

Kids Shorts Week

* What am I working on? 
Hmm, at the moment I have one hoodie for my daughter cut that I hope to sew the next days. More in general, I'm starting to sew my daughter's fall wardrobe as pretty much all her long-sleeve shirts and trousers are too short. Wanna know my to sew list? 2-3 long sleeve shirts (1 henley from ottobre, 1 flashback skinny), 1 knight hoodie (i don't have the pattern yet, but the current perfect pattern parcel is very tempting), 1 green point cardigan, 1 reversible zippy hoodie and some trousers (I'm thinking small fry skinny jeans, tree climber trousers, 1-2 relaxed trousers from ottobre). Plus a Fedora Hat and some footed PJs for my son J. Oh yes, and some clothes for two new born babies of friends. And a button-up for my man... Well, I guess I shouldn't mention that at the same time I'm trying to prepare my first pattern (a free one) and already am thinking about the next blog series that I could organize. Let's just say: I like to keep myself busy ;)

* Woran arbeite ich gerade?
Hmm, im Moment hab ich einen Kapuzenpulli für meine Tochter zugeschnitten, den ich hoffentlich die nächsten Tage nähe. Ansonsten geht's jetzt an die Herbstklamotten meiner Tochter, da eigentlich alles von letztem Jahr zu kleine ist. Meine To Sew Liste sieht so aus: 2-3 Langarmshirts (1 Henley, 1 Flashback skinny), 1 Knight Hoodie, 1 Green Point Cardigan, 1 reversible zippy hoodie und ein paar Hosen (vielleicht Small Fry Skinny Jeans, Tree climber trousers, relaxed trousers aus der ottobre). Außerdem ein Fedora Hut und ein Schlafanzug für J. Achja und Sachen für die Babies von Freunden. Und ein Hemd für meinen Mann... Ich sollte wohl nicht erwähnen, dass ich nebenher versuch mein erstes Schnittmuster zu entwickeln (ein kostenloses) sowie die nächste Blogserie zu planen. Naja, scheint als hätt ich's gern wenn ich beschäftigt bin ;) 
* How does it differ from others of its genre?
Well, like most blogs I love to show what I've sewn for me and my kiddos. My sewing isn't that different from what you find on other blogs. I use the same patterns and the same fabrics. Although clothes that I sew probably aren't quite as fashionable as those on some english-speaking blogs and they aren't as colourful as those on some german-speaking blogs. My photography skills are quite ok (definitely increasing since I have my new camera), but not as good as on some of the super amazing blogs. However, what makes my blog different to most others is that I'm trying to not only show my own stuff, but that I also use a big part of my posts to introduce other bloggers and their work. As mentioned before, I was looking for something "different" that I could offer and at some point I realized that I follow so many blogs from various countries and that this is not that usual. I found that most english-speaking bloggers will stay in their community and that the same accounts for most Germans, Dutch, Spanish, French etc. I was surprised that their existed these almost totally seperate blogging worlds that didn't make use of the creativity and knowledge of the others just because they are written in another language. On my little space, I'm thus, trying to connect those different worlds. I "collect" tutorials, patterns, eye candy, freebies and similar from all over blog-land and show them in my weekend sewing posts. And I have started the Sew fantastic blogs interview series were some of my favorite bloggers answer my many questions and also show there signature style tees.  For the series I tried to find a good mix of well-known and small blogs. Plus I decided to never have more than two bloggers from the same country. I really wanted to introduce you to creative people from all over the world and I think so far it's going great. I loved to get to know these different bloggers so much better and always looking forward to the next interview.


* Wie unterscheidet sich mein blog von anderen seiner Art?
Wie die meisten Nähblogs zeig ich was ich für mich und meine Zwerge nähe. Meine Sachen sind nicht so unterschiedlich von dem was andere machen. Vielleicht nicht so topmodisch wie auf manchen amerikanischen Blogs und nicht so bunt wie auf manchen deutschen. Meine Fotos sind ganz gut (und werden dank neuem Foto immer besser), aber auch nicht so gigantisch wie auf manchen der einschlägigen blogs. Was bei mir anders ist, ist dass ich auch die Sachen von anderen Leuten zeige. Wie ich vorher schon sagte, ist mir irgendwann aufgefallen, dass ich etwas bieten kann, das andere nicht können. Ich folge selbst sehr vielen Blogs aus unterschiedlichen Ländern und ich möchte gern zeigen was in den weiten der Blogsphäre so an Inspiration zu finden ist. Deshalb zeig ich im Rahmen des Weekend Sewings Tutorials, Schnitte, Eye Candy etc. von unterschiedlichen blogs. Und ich hab die Sew fantastic Blogs Serie ins Leben gerufen um einige meiner Lieblingsblogs (kleine und große und aus aller Herren Länder) vorzustellen. Bisher kommt die Serie sehr gut an und auch ich freu mich immer schon auf's nächste Interview und darauf den nächsten Blogger besser kennenzulernen.
 

*How does my writing process work?
I just write ;) Yes, really that's what I do. As many of you know, I'm a geoscientist. When I write scienitfic publications, I always have a very strict structure: Abstract, Introduction, Geological Background, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusion. This structure has developed over a long time and has many good things about it. However, sometimes it restricts me and my writing. Thus, I don't follow any "rules" when writing my blog posts. Instead I just write and see where it leads me. Does this result in perfectly structured posts? Definitely not, but mostly they aren't that bad either ;)
I also write most of my posts in english and german which takes almost the double time. I will first write the full english version and then read it through step by step, trying to find at least the most obvious errors and at the same time "translating" it back to my mother-tongue ;)

* Wie schreibe ich?
Ich schreibe einfach. Ja, wirklich. Wie viele von euch wissen, bin ich Geophysikerin. In wissenschaftlihcen Publikation ist genau vorgegeben wie ich zu schreiben habe (Abstract, Introduction, Geological Background, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusion). Diese Struktur ist sehr sinnvoll, schränkt aber auch ein. Im privaten genieß ich es da einfach drauflos zu schreiben. So sind die Posts zwar nicht perfekt gegliedert aber von Herzen ;) Außerdem schreib ich zuerst die englische Version, und wenn ich die dann nochmal les um Fehler zu finden, "übersetz" ich's noch zurück ins Deutsche ;)

Teepee

So, who are the two bloggers that I nominate for the blog hop? As I said before I really like to get to know the different bloggers better. I decided to ask some ladies that I don't know at so far, but whose blogs I really like.

So, und wen nominier ich? Ich hab mir zwei Blogs ausgesucht wo ich gern mehr über die Blogger dahinter wissen will:

First, Emily and Ashley from the blog Frances Suzanne. Emily and Ashley are two sisters that sew for their 3 nieces (i.e. the daughters of their other sister). I have admired their work for the last years. I think they have the best eye to detail that I've encountered so far and guess that they must be very patient people (hand embroidery!!!). They have won several sew alongs of Project Run and Play and won an incredible 2nd place in the finals of season 8. Their Flip this Pattern series is a the best place to go to if you want to see how one pattern can turn into all kinds of different garments. So, don't hesitate and take a look at their beautiful blog.

Zuerst mal, Emily und Ashley von Frances Suzanne. Diese zwei Schwestern nähen fleißig für ihre drei Nichten (von der 3. Schwester). Ich hab ihre Sachen seit Jahren bewundert. Sie haben ein wahnsinns Auge für's Detail und müssen sehr geduldig sein (sie sticken auch von Hand!). Sie haben einige sew alongs von Project run and Play gewonnen und den 2. Platz bei der 8. Staffel gemacht. Ihre Flip this Pattern Serie ist der beste Ort um zu sehen was aus einem Schnitt alles werden kann. Also, nicht lang zögern, sondern schaut euch den schönen Blog an!

The other blogger that I want to send you to is Kimberly from Straight Stitch Design. I only follow her blog since some months. I discovered it due to the Pattern Workshop facebook group (yes, that's something that I'll have to touch upon in another post) and loved her pics right from the first moment. She sews gorgeous clothes for herself and her kids. And I simply love the wide and open smile all of them have. So natural and fun! Not long ago Kimberly issued her first pattern (a free (!!) girls tunic pattern) and you really should add her blog to your reader, because I'm sure that their are many more gorgeous designs yet to come!

Außerdem möchte ich euch zu Kimberley von Straight Stitch Design schicken. Ich kenn ihren Blog erst ein paar Monate. Entdeckt hab ich ihn durch die Pattern Workshop facebook Gruppe (dazu in einem anderen Post mehr) und ihre Bilder haben mir gleich super gut gefallen. Sie näht für sich selbst und ihre Kinder. Und alle drei haben sie ein wunderschönes großes und offenes Lächeln. Außerdem hat Kimberly vor kurzem ihren ersten kostenlosen (!) Schnitt für eine Tunika rausgebracht. Notiert euch den Blog, denn da kommen bestimmt noch viele weitere tolle Sachen!

4 Kommentare:

  1. Wow, you've certainly got a lot on your to-sew list!! Very interesting reading here - thank you for taking part and for introducing me to some other blogs!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Your answer to the question, "How Does It Differ From Other Genres".....is what I had written about you on our upcoming post :)!! Great minds think alike, huh??? Project Run and Play ties a LOT of us bloggers together, doesn't it?? That is somewhat how we began too {our first season to sew-along was on flickr until we began to blog}! LOVED reading more about you...and I can't imagine having to write a post TWICE. I can barely get through English!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. It is nice to get to know you a little better :) I too love reading non-English blogs. Well, of course I don't understand the words, but photos speak for themselves!

    AntwortenLöschen

LinkWithin