Seiten

Dienstag, 30. Dezember 2014

Relaxing neck pillow for christmas / Leseknochen zu Weihnachten


I just wanted to drop in very quickly and show you something that I made for my husband for christmas. We all know that in general it's more difficult to find a perfect gift for a man than for a woman - especially when you want to add something selfmade. Well, this year it was sooo easy for me. I mean: Germany won the FIFA World Cup! We all were over the top excited, we watched every single game, we couldn't believe it when our team won 7:1 against Brasil in the half finals and then really won the finals against Argentina. This is one of those World Cups that noone in Germany will ever forget.

Ich wollte nur kurz reinschauen und euch schnell zeigen, was ich meinem Mann zu Weihnachten geschenkt habe. Normalerweise ist's ja recht schwierig Männer zu beschenken, aber dieses Jahr war's ja fast schon zu leicht. Sicher war unser Baum nicht der einzige unter dem ein Buch über die Fußball-WM lag, oder? War aber auch einfach zu genial! Ich sag nur 7:1 gegen Brasilien. Das gibt's bestimmt nie mehr!


To make it even more fun to remember those games, I bought a very detailed book about the world cup that I gave my man for Christmas. I wanted to add a little something more personal and thus decided to final join the 100s (or maybe even 1000s) of german women who have so far sewn this relaxing neck pillow. It's actually an english pattern, but I've so far only read about it on german blogs. And the name that the germans gave it is so much more fun than "relaxing neck pillow": We call it a "Leseknochen", i.e. a "bone for reading".
I was surprised how fast this came together. Printing and taping the pattern, cutting the fabric, sewing, stuffing and hand-sewing the opening closed took me barely 45 minutes. Actually within this time I made two of them. The other one was for my sister and more colourful, but I didn't remember to take a pic... I love how comfy this pillow ist. It's already in constant rotation between the four of us. There are definitely more of these Leseknochen to come. If at some point you need a quick gift, give it a try. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
 
Um nicht nur ein Buch zu schenken, bin ich mal wieder zum Lemming mutiert und hab mich an meinen ersten Leseknochen gemacht. 
Ich war total überrascht wie schnell der fertig war. Drucken und Schnitt zusammen kleben, Stoff zuschneiden, nähen, ausstopfen und die Wendeöffnung von Hand zusammen zu nähen hat nicht mal 45 Minuten gedauert. Und in dieser Zeit hab ich sogar noch einen zweiten, bunteren Leseknochen für meine Schwester genäht. Den hab ich aber vergessen zu fotografieren... Der Knochen ist wirklich total bequem und jetzt irgenwie ständig in irgendwelche Kinderzimmer verschwunden. Da werd ich wohl noch ein paar Nähen "müssen". Solltet ihr noch immer keinen Leseknochen genäht haben, kann ich ihn (wie alle vor mir) wirklich nur empfehlen. Geht schnell und hat eine "Gefällt mir" Garantie.  


Well, just some hours left till the year is over! I hope you will have the best new year ever (btw.: Make sure to enter the giveaway in my last post to win a book that'll help you make the best out of the next year!!!). I can't wait to see what 2015 is going to be like. 

So jetzt sind's nur noch ein paar Stunden bis das Jahr vorbei ist. Ich hoff ihr werdet ein ganz tolles neues Jahr haben (übrigens denkt dran, dass ihr noch bei dem Gewinnspiel in meinem letzten Post mit macht. Da könnt ihr ein Buch gewinnen, das euch hilft das Beste aus 2015 rauszuholen). Ich bin mal gespannt welche Überraschungen 2015 bereit hält.

Happy New Year to all of you!!!

Guten Rutsch und ein wunderbares neues Jahr euch allen!!!
  
And a quick link to Creadienstag.
Und noch schnell ab damit zum Creadienstag.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

LinkWithin